FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reconnecting files in FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Brown
Reconnecting files in FCP7
on Feb 3, 2016 at 2:20:35 pm

Hey folks, working on 7 in Yosemite with multiclips has been working fine, since I learned that editing "offline" (using ProRes Proxy) is the right way to go to help the HDs keep up.

Nonetheless, now my edit is finished (a teaser to begin with), I want to reconnect the files to ProRes 422 footage that I created from the same source files as the Proxy footage I used to edit with.

Problem: I can't figure out how to reconnect these files. I go through the standard process I've been with before, I get proper dialogue boxes, but when I look at the clip's file info, it's still apparently linked to the proxy footage – NOT what I want.

I've tried reconnecting the files in the bins in the browser as well as in the timeline and the sequence settings, nothing works. The new files to connect to are in the same disk as the proxies, but in different folders, so the paths are easy to find. Do the files I want to connect to have to be in a bin in the browser or is that irrelevant? I've tried both. In some cases the file name is not identical, but normally when I uncheck "same file name" that should overwrite that issue shouldn't it? BTW: same problem with files with the same file name!

Does anyone out there understand my problem? Is this an issue with Yosemite vs. Snow Leapord?

Thanks for your help ;-)

Michael Brown

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Reconnecting files in FCP7
on Feb 3, 2016 at 5:57:08 pm

Well, one way to force it is to have the full res on a different drive, and disconnect the Proxy media drive.

How did you create the media? FCP relinks using Timecode mainly (IN point and OUT point and DURATION) and reel number. Those must match exactly. A lot of external converters don't add a reel name so that can confuse FCP7

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: Reconnecting files in FCP7
on Feb 3, 2016 at 9:46:02 pm

start by taking the original edit OFFLINE.
maybe make a copy of your project first,
then open the copy, select all, and got to Modify Menu > Make Offline (or Shift D)

now you have a clean slate, and should be able to reconnect to your original files.

simplest way to check it against your original project is to export a hard copy of your proxy version

nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]