FORUMS: list search recent posts

Log & Transfer Problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Tamou
Log & Transfer Problem
on Feb 1, 2016 at 8:28:47 pm

I usually plug in my sony avchd camcorder into my computer and use FCP7 (Log & Transfer) to upload my videos. Now i'm trying to upload some avchd files that was recorded this someone elses comcorder and its saying, "Kevin's Card" contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matches supported media."
I understand what its telling me but I cant figure out how to fix it. Any assistance from anyone will be appreciated. Thank You.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Log & Transfer Problem
on Feb 1, 2016 at 8:50:13 pm

NO doubt it's the name KEVIN'S CARD that's causing the problem. I'll bet they changed the original name of the folder they backed up to KEVIN'S CARD...not sure what it could have been. CONTENTS?

Or... It's the symbol causing the issue. Remove the apostrophe. Make it KEVINS_CARD

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Steve Tamou
on Feb 1, 2016 at 10:14:22 pm

Hi Shane, the video files were recorded to a 32GB SD10 card using the Sony FDRAX100 comcorder. The person gave me the card and i put it in a card reader and uploaded the files to my computer. There are 4 folders (AVF_INFO, DCIM, MP_ROOT and PRIVATE). I put all of them in 1 folder I created and called it Kevin's Card. When I'm in "log and capture", I navigate to the "BDMV" folder and select it. When I click on choose, it gives me that message. So on the original card, there are folders that I copied to my hard drive and I put them in a folder that I created.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 1, 2016 at 10:27:24 pm

First off...don't go digging. Make the folder, drop the files into that folder. Don't add any symbols to that folder. No apostrophes, nothing. And when you go to log and transfer, choose THAT folder, not any files inside it. CHoose the root level.

So, when you put the card in the computer, and open it up, the first things you see are; AVF_INFO, DCIM, MP_ROOT and PRIVATE? Not a folder containing those, but those files directly in the card? If so, then yes, Make a new folder, drop those into it...and select that folder you created when you Log and Transfer.

If there's a folder that contains those files, you need to drag that folder to the folder you made. You cannot mess up the folder structure at all.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Steve Tamou
on Feb 1, 2016 at 11:45:50 pm

Thank You for the help Shane. I started from scratch. I deleted the previous folder (and emptied the trash) and uploaded the files from the original source all over again. I created a new folder on my desktop and didn't change the name (I kept it as "untitled folder 2". Then I dragged them (AVF_INFO, DCIM, MP_ROOT and PRIVATE) straight from the SD card to the new folder on my desk top. I went to FCP and Log & Transfer. Then I navigated to the folder and clicked on it (untitled folder 2). And I got the message again...."untitled folder 2" contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matches supported media.
I think I did exactly as you said.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 2, 2016 at 1:01:05 am

OK, well that eliminated that. Then the issue might be that the AVCHD format is new (All AVCHD formats are different from one another) and since FCP 7 was discontinued 5 years ago, with no updates, it doesn't know what this format is. IN this case, you'll need third party software to convert the footage to ProRes, such as EditReady by divergentmedia.com

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Steve Tamou
on Feb 5, 2016 at 11:36:37 pm

Thank You Shane. I end up purchasing Wondershare. It works real good. Converts anything.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]