FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avi > MPEGStreamclip > ProRes Proxy > FCP - Audio Loss Issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cory Andrews
Avi > MPEGStreamclip > ProRes Proxy > FCP - Audio Loss Issue
on Feb 1, 2016 at 4:15:49 am

Hey,

So I'm making an essay film with a variety of different files that I'm trying to transcode to ProRes Proxy using MPEG Streamclip. However, I'm having issues with dropped audio.

The files play fine in FLC, but not in MPEG preview, nor do they play after they've been transcoded.

I have Perian, the latest version of DIVX, and the latest beta version of MPEGStreamclip for Mac.

Here's an example of a problem file:
Film type: .AVI
Tracks: 1V, 2A
Vid Rate: 25 fps
Compressor: Xvid (Perian)
Audio Rate: 48 KHz
Audio Format: 32-bit Floating Point

Is there an easy way to just grab the audio and add it back to the video file in Final Cut? Is there better program I could be using for transcoding? Are there codecs I could download to make this work?

Thanks for your time,
Alex

Return to posts index

Cory Andrews
Re: Avi > MPEGStreamclip > ProRes Proxy > FCP - Audio Loss Issue
on Feb 1, 2016 at 8:24:22 pm

No one? I tried looking through some other threads first and tried as many relevant solutions as I could find (Perian, different versions of streamclip, downloading the Divx codec directl) I'm still stumped.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Avi > MPEGStreamclip > ProRes Proxy > FCP - Audio Loss Issue
on Feb 1, 2016 at 8:53:43 pm

AVI is a tricky beast...and it always depends on the codec contained within. I've had to fight many an AVI with all sorts of converters. I have Squeeze, Compressor, MPEG STREAMCLIP, EditReady, Media Encoder. Might try Media Encoder or Premiere Pro, since it is reputed to handle everything. See what that can do.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]