FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timeline content temporarily disappears only to Return on Zoom. Screenshots attached.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stuart Schonfeld
Timeline content temporarily disappears only to Return on Zoom. Screenshots attached.
on Jan 30, 2016 at 1:08:45 am

Hello,

I have an odd problem where I have a black space (not slug) where video & audio used to be in my timeline, but it still plays and outputs. If I zoom in or out of the timeline, the audio and video will reappear only for a different part of the timeline to disappear. This is FCP X 10.2.2.

This is different than some of the threads where timeline goes black and does not play. This plays.

Right before this problem, the external drive that holds this library was accidentally disconnected from the mac while it was still in use (not rendering or anything, just standing by, but connected to an open FCP). So I am sure it is related to that bad disconnect.

Previous project versions of this edit, that are also in this same library, do not have this issue. But a Duplicate of this, affected project does have the issue.

I have attached some screen shots.

I have deleted my preferences (restarting FCP while holding command+option), cleared out RAM, restarted FCP, rebooted Mac, etc.. But the problem persists.

Also - when I open the small window to the left of the Timeline (I forget the name - it ID's the clips) - when there is black space it states: space. When the audio or video returns, it ID's correctly.

And ideas on what else can be done to restore? I have never used the FCP generated backup copy, nor know how to - but would this be an option to possibly find a backup that may have been taken at some point today - possibly prior to the bad eject?

I do have manual backups of this project on another drive , but today we did a considerable amount of work and hoping not to have to re-create all of today's work.

Thank you in advance for any help!

1. This is what problem looks like:

2. Zoom In/Zoom Out of Timeline and it comes back (This is same sections of Timeline)

3. Black space to left of video in Timeline is the problem area.

4. Zoom in, all returns to normal.

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: Timeline content temporarily disappears only to Return on Zoom. Screenshots attached.
on Jan 30, 2016 at 2:13:06 pm

you'll want to post this in the FCPX Techniques forum
this is for FCP7 and under

nick

Return to posts index

Stuart Schonfeld
Re: Timeline content temporarily disappears only to Return on Zoom. Screenshots attached.
on Jan 31, 2016 at 3:08:43 am

Thanks!! Will do.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]