FORUMS: list search recent posts

Import keyframe information

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marten Kopp
Import keyframe information
on Jan 16, 2016 at 11:35:39 am

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if I can import keyframe data out of After Effects (Windows) into Final Cut Pro? For basic propperties like scale and position?

Thanks for any answer.

Marten

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Import keyframe information
on Jan 16, 2016 at 5:07:13 pm

It would be a lot easier to complete the shot in AE, then import it into FCP. That's one of the things AE does best -- it makes individual composited & animsted shots.

If you're worried the shot won't cut into FCP properly, give yourself trim handles in AE.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 16, 2016 at 9:00:07 pm

Now, depending on the After Effects version, you MIGHT be able to exort an XML or something which MIGHT be useful in FCP, but I don't hold out much hope for that.

Hence the recommendation to just do the shot in AE and render it out. Any Windows box ought to be able to make QTs in Photo JPEG, Animation or PNG codecs.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Marten Kopp
on Jan 16, 2016 at 9:31:14 pm

Hi Dave,
Thank you for your reply. Rendering outlook the lower third is what I wanted to avoid. My client might be using it different times and I dont want to render ot for every single name he needs. I think I stick with the render for the base of the animation and 1 as a matte that he van use for the different names.

Thanks anyway.

Marten

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 17, 2016 at 1:02:20 am

You should have said that sooner. If it's an animated lower third BACKGROUND, Loop the animation and render it with an alpha channel... Animation or PNG codec, straight. If you need ig longer, just copy-paste to the duration you need.

If there's also animated text, render it separately from the background. Make new text as necessary and reuse the background.

If neither is animated, render alpha-channed stills. Very easy.

Straight (not premultiplied) alpha channels in all cases.

If the lower-third animates onto the screen AND the background animares, the loop point shoud be AFTER the background loops on.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]