FORUMS: list search recent posts

Strange Pixels

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Lee
Strange Pixels
on Jan 14, 2016 at 1:45:56 am

I work for a distribution company and one of our programs have got rejected for broadcast. Can anyone tell me what type of video issue this is? I am trying to fix it but nothing has work so far.

The program video is 1080 50i Apple Pro Res 422 HQ.

<a href="https://images.creativecow.net/306173/screenshot2016-01-14at12.46.20pm.png">screenshot2016-01-14at12.46.20pm.png</a>

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Strange Pixels
on Jan 14, 2016 at 3:04:15 am

You're talking about that yellow line around the subject, right? That's going to happen on a shot as poorly-exposed as that one.

The sky's blown-out... there's insufficient light on the subject... apart from shooting it again, I don't know of any way to rescue something like that. There isn't any detail in the bright spots, and hardly any in the dark spots.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 14, 2016 at 3:51:12 am

How can you even see that, Dave? All I see is code for embedding in the post, but I can't for the life of me find a way to see it.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 14, 2016 at 3:56:59 am

Ah, I think I got it.

It was very poorly shot. Too bright in the sky and too dark everywhere else. What was the rejection? You can ask for it to be forgiven, if this is all you have. I've worked on historic docs with worse looking footage, and we got a pass.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jason Lee
on Jan 14, 2016 at 5:54:09 am

It looks that way.. poorly shot.. it got rejected hong kong Icable for pixel damage. I will send more examples.

Return to posts index

Jason Lee
on Jan 14, 2016 at 6:08:12 am

http://we.tl/phDQZeJ6C6

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 14, 2016 at 4:41:15 pm

I don't know of any way to fix this stuff in FCP. You'd need a lot of time and painstaking work in Fusion or After Effects to clean up those lines and blobs. Sometimes it almost looks like there's schmutz on the lens, but it's never in the same place.

This is something you'll want to add to your "never, EVER do this" list... what kind of camera got these shots? It certainly does NOT have a very high contrast range. Nor does it help that much of it was shot in available light.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]