I've just started working on editing a short doc that was shot about 3 or 4 years ago and has only just been pushed through to post by the production team. They don't have records of the production notes (i.e. fps, aspect ratio etc. etc.) to hand but in attempting to get underway with it, I ran the files through MediaInfo and got that data.
Basically, all files are 24fps and the separate sound is recorded at 48khz. My sequence and import settings on FCP7 are set for this.
On syncing the sound though, there is sync drift between video and audio and the audio is actually running slower than the video. I've checked all the settings, as well as the frame rate that the sound was imported at and everything matches up.
I'm a long time reader of Creative Cow and have been browsing for a few hours for answers to this but all seem to revolve around the incorrect conversion of a file or the frame rates/audio samples not matching the sequence.