FORUMS: list search recent posts

best settings for exporting music from FCP7 for YouTube

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
raju bhai
best settings for exporting music from FCP7 for YouTube
on Dec 29, 2015 at 2:48:12 am

Hi, I have assembled songs for an album on FCP7. The audio should be best possible quality. The visual is just an album cover image, there is no moving video, again only an image. So the audio is more important.
What would be the best settings to export this video from FCP7? I am only exporting it for youtube, and again I want to maintain the highest quality of the music. The music is .wav files in 16bit, 44khz. FCP is defaulted on 48khz but i can switch it to 44.

I wish there was a way to just upload the songs directly to youtube with an image attached but I don't know if there is a way. So then the only other option i see is the roundabout way of importing the song in FCP, attaching an image, and then re-exporting.
OK, Please lemme know, thanks!

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: best settings for exporting music from FCP7 for YouTube
on Dec 29, 2015 at 6:04:41 pm
Last Edited By John Rofrano on Dec 29, 2015 at 6:06:48 pm

[raju bhai] "The music is .wav files in 16bit, 44khz. FCP is defaulted on 48khz but i can switch it to 44."
You don't want to do that, While CD audio is 44.1k, video is 48k and YouTube is expecting to see 48k so leave the video sample rate at 48k. Render to any format that gives you PCM audio. This will be uncompressed and as the highest quality.

Since it's just a static image, then Apple ProRes 422 Proxy should be good enough. Set the Audio for Stereo, Sample rate 48kHz, Sample size 16 bits, encoding Linear PCM and you should have exactly the same audio bit-for-bit as the source. YouTube will, of course, compress this but at least you'll be starting out with the best quality possible.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Roger Poole
Re: best settings for exporting music from FCP7 for YouTube
on Dec 29, 2015 at 7:23:52 pm

In addition to what John has said, YouTube won't allow you to upload a blind music track. There has to be a video track, whether it contains a moving sequence, a still image or just text. It doesn't matter, as long as there is something there. So you are all set to go with your still image in the video track. However, YouTube may take it down after a couple of days if the music is subject to copyright. Then you'll be on the naughty step for a while :o)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]