FORUMS: list search recent posts

functional multicam's browser thumbnail is black

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
inanc tekguc
functional multicam's browser thumbnail is black
on Dec 21, 2015 at 12:20:38 pm
Last Edited By inanc tekguc on Dec 21, 2015 at 2:24:23 pm

I created a multicam clip using two angles and an external audio. The clip is functional, I reordered the clips in the angle editor, chose my default angle and audio.
When it's in the timeline I can play and choose my angles.

My problem is in the browser. The MC is there but the thumbnail preview is black. When I skim or play, I cannot see anything. I am assuming it's because the audio was seen first in the multicam and so had the priority in showing the previews, therefore as it is only audio from the external microphone without any video, the preview thumbnail shows solid black.
I said this because once the MC was created, audio was the top track in the angle editor. I reordered the tracks in the angle editor but it didn't change the preview in browser.

Is there any way I can change this so I can review my MC by seeing what I do, make ins and outs and carry my favorite parts to the timeline?

EDIT: i realize that when I first import the MC from Browser to Timeline, the angle name only says "missing" until I designate the audio and video angles by right clicking, and after that I see the thumbnail previews on the timeline (but still, not in the browser)

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: functional multicam's browser thumbnail is black
on Dec 22, 2015 at 8:24:41 pm
Last Edited By Nick Meyers on Dec 22, 2015 at 8:25:40 pm

is this an FPX question?
you should re-post it in the FCPX Techniques forum
this forum is for FCP7 and under

Return to posts index

inanc tekguc
Re: functional multicam's browser thumbnail is black
on Dec 22, 2015 at 9:13:21 pm