FORUMS: list search recent posts

Table of contents not showing on DVD

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Austin Jones
Table of contents not showing on DVD
on Dec 10, 2015 at 5:07:07 pm

I need to burn a DVD with table of contents. For some reason when I test the DVD on my player, there is no contents/menu. I have entered Chapter markers, so I have no idea why they aren't transferring to disc. Please help!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Table of contents not showing on DVD
on Dec 10, 2015 at 6:32:48 pm

...and which DVD authoring application are you showing us?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Austin Jones
on Dec 10, 2015 at 8:06:03 pm

I'm using Final Cut Pro to export to .img,

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 10, 2015 at 10:03:04 pm

Ah. This is a job for DVD Studio Pro or another DVD authoring application. FCP isn't good at making DVD's all by itself.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Dec 11, 2015 at 1:49:17 am

this is an FCPX question,
it should be re-posted in the FCPX Techniques forum

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Dec 11, 2015 at 2:47:07 pm

Well, Dave, I'd say both 7 and X can make a *simple* straight-ahead burn of a program to DVD, however, if you want all the functionality of a DVD with menus and the other bells and whistles, you'd need to then do the project in a full-on DVD authoring program like DVDSP if you still use FCP7, or Toast or Adobe's DVD authoring software, if you're in Yosemite or El Cap and using FCPX.

One of the reasons I keep my old system around is just for the DVD functions.

Return to posts index

Austin Jones
on Dec 11, 2015 at 2:59:00 pm

I made it work with FCP

I had been AB testing this all day. I was starting to think that it had something to do with the limit of chapter markers. I deleted most of the content and tested different numbers of chapter markers, I was between 29 and 31 when I started getting inconsistent results.

I found another thread from a few years back where someone else was having the same issue until they removed a random '&' in one of the chapter titles. I went back and found that I had hit Enter/Return, and there was a second line of text hidden below. I removed that, and put it on one line, and to my surprise it exported with the menu.

Finally I attempted exporting the original 2 hour project, with out the Enter/Return Space in that one particular chapter marker and CONFIRMED: Removing the unintentional Enter Space resulted in the 2 hour show with 36 chapter markers, exporting successfully with a Table Of Contents.

Who would have thunk it?!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]