FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble dissolving from video to graphic in FCP7.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kathryn L Beranich
Trouble dissolving from video to graphic in FCP7.
on Dec 1, 2015 at 11:01:08 pm

The dissolve plays back fine in the timeline, but when I export it, the video breaks up and a few green or black frames appear and it seems to lose sync, then it goes to the graphic. I've tried additive, non-additive and cross dissolves. I tried bringing the video level down on the graphic. I've checked all the options on the Render drop down. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Trouble dissolving from video to graphic in FCP7.
on Dec 1, 2015 at 11:54:43 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Dec 1, 2015 at 11:55:34 pm

What are the differences between the two clips? What are the codecs? Dimensions? Frame Rate? Do you render all vbideo prior to export, which you whould always do?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kathryn L Beranich
on Dec 2, 2015 at 3:26:43 am

The video was shot on a DSLR and the codec is H.264. The dimensions are 1920 X 1080, frame rate 29.97.

The logo was a .psd file and the codec is Planar RGB. The dimensions were 1675 X 655, 29.97fps. I created a wipe effect using a solid color to fill the rest of the frame.

When I encountered the problem mentioned above, I created a Quicktime movie of the wipe effect/.psd and then brought that into my project. The info on that QT is 1920 X 1080, 29.97, H.264.

I did render the effects before exporting. I really appreciate your help!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Dec 2, 2015 at 2:41:31 pm
Last Edited By Mark Suszko on Dec 2, 2015 at 2:41:50 pm

FCP 7 does not work with H.264, is your problem. It only *acts* like it can, but really you need to convert all your H.264 to prores before you edit. Do that with this, and your problem will go away.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 2, 2015 at 5:42:48 pm

Here is a second for the advice above. Furthermore, you would be wise to make a trip into Photoshop to position/scale/whatever the logo to look correct at 1920x1080.
Planar RGB doesn't support alpha channels, so you're not dealing with transparency on the logo. Make it look good as a still and eliminate another potential trouble spot.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kathryn L Beranich
on Dec 2, 2015 at 6:12:57 pm

Thanks again, Dave. I'm converting the video now. I'll also address the graphic issue. I appreciate your help.

Return to posts index

Kathryn L Beranich
on Dec 2, 2015 at 6:10:57 pm

Thank you so much. Converting it now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]