FORUMS: list search recent posts

Correct workflow - Libraries or events?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Guille Ibanez
Correct workflow - Libraries or events?
on Nov 26, 2015 at 8:09:27 pm

Hi everyone and thanks for looking,

I've recently moved from Premiere to Final Cut X and to be honest, I couldn't be happier. I'm slowly getting used to the new 'concept'/'philosophy' and so far so good.
I do however have a doubt that will probably define the way I work with the software so better get it right from the beginning.
I run two different video businesses with two different names. My initial idea was to create two Master libraries (one per business) and then create events per job i.e.: I get 25-30 weddings/year then I would get 25-30 events within that particular library. And the same for the other business. Is this paradigm alright? Only asking because I just realised that everytime I open one event this will open the whole library and the questions is:
Will this affect FCP performance to have all those other unused events on memory? is there a way to hide these events (it becomes a bit too many messy on the left side of the screen with all these events piling up!!)?

many thanks,

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Correct workflow - Libraries or events?
on Nov 26, 2015 at 9:04:08 pm

You asked in the wrong forum... this is the FCP "Legacy" Forum, you need to post this in the FCP X Forum.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Nov 26, 2015 at 10:22:05 pm

Specifically this forum -
https://forums.creativecow.net/fcpxtechnique
not the debate forum

Return to posts index

Guille Ibanez
on Nov 27, 2015 at 12:02:41 am

ok, thanks guys

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]