FORUMS: list search recent posts

Salvage sound?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lisa Schneider
Salvage sound?
on Nov 18, 2015 at 3:27:31 am

I was hoping someone can help me. I recorded footage using my Panasonic camcorder and a rodeo external mic. When I imported it into fcp there was no sound. When I playback in my camera there is no sound either. I put an older tape into the camera and was able to hear sound during playback. Is there anyway to salvage the sound perhaps from the camera itself? Or does the external mic override the cameras mic?

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: Salvage sound?
on Nov 18, 2015 at 5:11:57 am

" I recorded footage using my Panasonic camcorder... Is there anyway to salvage the sound perhaps from the camera itself?"

camera details would help
BUT...

"When I playback in my camera there is no sound either"

it seems as though you didn't record sound.

nick

Return to posts index

Lisa Schneider
on Nov 18, 2015 at 5:43:31 am

Thanks for your reply Nick. After several test it looks like input 1 for my external mic broke. It works fine in input 2, however it looks like the footage is not going to be salvageable :(

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Nov 18, 2015 at 3:10:23 pm

Always, always, have a redundant audio channel/path for the once in a lifetime events. We normally put the camera's shotgun on channel two, and the primary mic on channel one. If there's multiple sources, we'll split them between two cameras or bring a portable audio recorder along to capture backup sound at the mixer. 99 times out of a hundred, you won't end up needing it. It's that 99th time that makes the extra work worth it, and makes you look like a genius when it saves the shoot.

Return to posts index

Christopher McDonell
on Nov 19, 2015 at 7:25:09 am

This too is why it's important to always monitor your recording with headphones. Not trying to rub salt into your fresh wounds or anything though. Tough break!

My specs: FCP 6.0.6, El Capitan, rMBP 15" i7 2.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]