FORUMS: list search recent posts

greyed out share menu in specific project - library issues?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Williams Cole
greyed out share menu in specific project - library issues?
on Nov 18, 2015 at 2:23:44 am

Hi - I've been working on an issue that appeared when I was done editing a project and then when tried to share it - the menu was greyed out.

As the share menu works with other projects I believe I have narrowed the problem to a series of XAVC files that FCP 10.2 believes are not fully imported/transcoded but which show up in the project fine. After fiddling about a bit I think these files are a bit confused (no ability to relink or reveal in finder, etc.). At this point they are like ghost files that show up in the project but are not "real" in the view of FCP (I believe).

It's been suggested that I trash/rebuld the flexolibrary (though my issue is that the library is 5TB and I don't have room right now to back it up as a safety). I've tried a number of things - including exporting an XML file to a new test libarary - something that made the share menu there again but had only the ghost files again (it was blank in the export video where they were supposed to be).

It would be great to get any ideas/suggestions as it is getting to the point of sheer frustration. Of course, I need to export/share this project and/or find a way to correct/rebuild this part of the library.

Thank you very much.

(Mac OS up to date; FCP 10.2 up to date; plenty of RAM)

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: greyed out share menu in specific project - library issues?
on Nov 18, 2015 at 5:08:37 am

you'll want to re-post this in the FCPX Techniques forum.
this one is for FCP7 and under.

nick

Return to posts index

Edgard Regard
Re: greyed out share menu in specific project - library issues?
on Jan 12, 2016 at 11:11:53 am

This is happening to me too. I beleive my library is messed up. What can I do?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]