FORUMS: list search recent posts

PANASONIC P2 files are corrupted, yet they exist as files in Import Software. How can I convert or access these clips?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Monskey
PANASONIC P2 files are corrupted, yet they exist as files in Import Software. How can I convert or access these clips?
on Nov 16, 2015 at 4:45:42 am

My Panasonic HVX camera was malfunctioning (due to wet conditions) while recording with the P2 media cards. It would not shut off without removing the battery. Immediately when reinstalling the battery it began recording again---so I could not control the record function as normal. When I open the import program the files exist (I can see they were recorded and have thumbnail image) with ID number/letter codes and I can see them, however, they have xx: xx: xx as timecode listings. These, like all video clips, are important files. Is there any way to fool my system, use an alternative transfer/conversion program or method---even a parallel play, record system to save these files?

By the way, when the camera dried out (overnight) it functioned fine again.
I have to do better to keep my equipment dry.
Dan

Daniel Monskey

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: PANASONIC P2 files are corrupted, yet they exist as files in Import Software. How can I convert or access these clips?
on Nov 17, 2015 at 6:00:12 pm

The end-of-clip information was probably corrupted. So, you are saying you have MXF files, but damaged or missing metadata?

Return to posts index

chris king
Re: PANASONIC P2 files are corrupted, yet they exist as files in Import Software. How can I convert or access these clips?
on Dec 1, 2015 at 7:01:37 am

Some guys give their suggestion- fix corrupted P2 MXF with P2 Log Pro. I have tried the way, but NO luck. I also tried doing the transfer through a P2 card reader and as direct file transfer into my Mac Hard Drive in case it was just a camera transfer glitch. No luck there. So, is there a program that just will allow me to open and edit the P2 MXF files in Final Cut Pro on Mac without hassle?

Fortunately, the answer is positive. Well, if for whatever reason your P2 card structure doesn’t come across intact, what can you do? As you know, Final Cut Pro and other NLE system need a correct card structure to read and ingest MXF footage. In this case, transcoding P2 MXF files for Mac editing with FCP or other NLE systems in a 3rd party app is a feasible workaround.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]