FORUMS: list search recent posts

Footage for Editing Practice

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek Vonk
Footage for Editing Practice
on Nov 6, 2015 at 8:43:12 am

Hi Guys,

I'm a photographer based in Amsterdam and shot GoPro footage last year of a motorcycle trip throuh the Alps and Italy. I have loads of material of which my idea was to create a 'GoPro showreel' idea of the trip but the editing side has really blocked my creativity.

I'm looking for someone who's enthusiastic about editing and would interested in some practice material for a 4-5 minute short.

The footage includes lots of scenery from the Alps and Italian coast. Footage is shot from multiple angles, including Helmet, Side, Reverse, From another Bike, Static etc. to give a lot of areas to play around with.

If your interested, please let me know and I'll be happy to share some more ideas.
The material can be easily transferred on via WeTransfer.com.

Thanx, Derek

Return to posts index

Brianna Davis
Re: Footage for Editing Practice
on Nov 12, 2015 at 12:56:42 am

Hi, my name is Brianna and I'm interested in using your footage. I'm 19 and I want to start back editing like I did 2 years ago in high school. I'm currently in the process of deciding what kind of camera I want to buy to start shooting my own footage. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks in advance and feel free to contact me via emal at BriannaDavis0410@gmail.com.

Return to posts index

Derek Vonk
on Nov 12, 2015 at 8:13:34 am

Hi Brianna,

Thanks for your reply! Do you have an idea of what to do with the material. I understand it's difficult to say without seeing any of it, but do you have a sort of story in mind which you'd like to follow?

Im hoping to see some build up in the speed and cutting of frames, starting from an easy ride to a more action like sequence. Also in between shots of me or others not on the bike and a nice ending with emotional impact. The soundtrack could be one song or a mix of your own choice, but i've had 'Band of Skulls - DIamonds & Pearls' in mind.

There is a lot of footage, are you willing to go through it all and follow your own story board with these guidelines?

With regard to your question of camera choice, I think that any camera body with the ability to change lenses is a good choice, with the emphasis on investing in the lenses. You can keep these your whole life. The camera itself will be upgraded about every other year, good lenses you'll only have to buy once. I don't know what your budget is but I realise there are a lot of extra's involved in shooting film (mic's, decent tripod, lights) don't overspend on you camera body but find a good brand. Visit a camera store and ask them for try-outs on three different ones and then pick one with your gut. Not the price!

thanx again for your reply and have fun picking a camera! Im interested to hear from you with regards to my footage.

Best,

Derek

Derek Vonk

#byVonk

Return to posts index

Brianna Davis
on Nov 12, 2015 at 10:55:33 pm

Wow, thank you for the advice! And like you mentioned, it is quite difficult to determine a storyline without seeing the footage itself. Editing is more of a hobby that I liked to do for fun and sometimes I have a hard time sticking to a storyline, honestly.

If you don't feel comfortable letting me use the footage, I totally understand. I'm just trying to get some practice using FCP. I got a Mac when I graduated and the one of its downsides was not being able to run Sony Vegas:(

Return to posts index

Derek Vonk
on Nov 13, 2015 at 9:34:33 am

Hi Brianna,

I'd be happy to share the footage with you. I'm just careful with handing out my footage to anyone. I do off course hope to get a result and that you treat the files with care i.e. don't share it with anyone.

How do I get them to you?

Greetz,
Derek

Derek Vonk

#byVonk

Return to posts index

Brianna Davis
on Nov 13, 2015 at 10:28:42 pm

I totally understand your caution. I won't promise not to share them with anyone and you will definitely get a copy of the result. And to get them to me you could use a file sharing website like google drive or weshare.

Thank you for the opportunity.

Brianna

Return to posts index

Derek Vonk
on Nov 15, 2015 at 11:58:21 am

Hi Brianna,

I'm sure you mean you will promise not to share :P

I need your email address to share the files.

Regards,

Derek

Derek Vonk

#byVonk

Return to posts index

Brianna Davis
on Nov 15, 2015 at 9:41:12 pm

Omg yes that's what I meant. Sorry for the typo.

My email is BriannaDavis0410@gmail.com

Thanks,

Brianna Davis

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]