FORUMS: list search recent posts

editing converted ProRes 422 footage on FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Stembridge
editing converted ProRes 422 footage on FCP7
on Nov 4, 2015 at 8:20:23 pm

I have been using FCPx, and typically convert footage from my DSLR and any other footage to proves 422. My partner still uses fcp7 and I converted all of a recent wedding to proves 422.

I can't get a sequence setting that doesn't require rendering... any advise there?

Thanks!

-another fine day at
GreenPeas Productions
http://www.greenpeas.us
<")))))><

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: editing converted ProRes 422 footage on FCP7
on Nov 4, 2015 at 8:31:20 pm

How did you convert it to ProRes 422? What are the frame dimensions? Meaning...1920x1080? Or is it something like 1440x1080, 960x540?

Did you drag the clip into a new sequence, and click YES when it asked if you wanted the sequence settings to match the clip settings?

Does the audio require rendering? Or is it the video?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: editing converted ProRes 422 footage on FCP7
on Nov 7, 2015 at 3:48:52 pm

Make sure the audio is uncompressed. Get Info in QuickTime Player should tell you that (or look on the FCP bin).

Return to posts index

David Stembridge
Re: editing converted ProRes 422 footage on FCP5
on Nov 7, 2015 at 4:51:42 pm

I normally convert everything to match the HDV cameras as 1440x1080; but this time I used 1920x1080. This is actually FCP 5.0.4 I found the 'Prompt for settings on New Sequence' and opened a new sequence, and after changing the sequence settings to match the video clips it is now working.

I am thinking the drag the clip into a new sequence method wasn't available in FCP5, because that didn't happen when I tried.

-another fine day at
GreenPeas Productions
http://www.greenpeas.us
<")))))><

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]