FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting c500 MXF footage into Final Cut 7 - why is it so hard?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dom Featherstone
Getting c500 MXF footage into Final Cut 7 - why is it so hard?
on Nov 2, 2015 at 5:30:19 pm

Hi Guys

We have a c500 and suddenly finding we're running into the unecessary problem of editing the MXF files in Final Cut & (Note NOT FCPX, please dont provide answers mentioned that) Also please dont mention hardware recorders as we dont have them right now so need a software solution for the CF cards we have with content.

Can you help? 5D mark ii there was a nice plug in, but Canon decided that "since nobody uses Final Cut 7.0.3" they would not support it. (How tedious)

Do you have any suggestions? Here is an email from Hamburg pro media who I THOUGHT had a solution - but apparently they dont?? ALso they say that"Customers have reported that Apple Pro Codecs are working with FCP7 " but thats not true - or at least we dont knpow "how to make FCP7 import MXF from the Canon 500)

we are really sorry, but since 1st of September 2014 we are not able to offer solutions for Final Cut Pro any longer.
All products are discontinued and not available any longer.

Solution:

----> Apple has integrated MXF import and export features and also an AVC Intra Codec for FCP - have a look here, please:

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT6423

and here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1396?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Customers have reported that Apple Pro Codecs are working with FCP7 as well, but you need a higher version of Mac OS X than OS 10.6. This is an unofficially statement, due we have not tested compatibility.
You may check it by yourself.

Can anyone help??

Dom

Mac Pro Xeon 8 Core | 2.6 Ghz | 11G RAM 6TB 7200 rpm via Firewire 800 | Shooting HDV 1080i on Canon Xl H1 x2
Snow Leopard | FCP 7.0.1
AJA Kona LHe

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Getting c500 MXF footage into Final Cut 7 - why is it so hard?
on Nov 2, 2015 at 6:50:56 pm

[Dom Featherstone] "Canon decided that "since nobody uses Final Cut 7.0.3" they would not support it. (How tedious)"

No. Canon said, "Hey, FCP 7 development has stopped, the application was discontinued. So we'll work on supporting editing apps that have a future...put our money into that." Just like any other company. Look to the future, not the past. The C500 came out after FCP 7 was discontinued.

Look at EditReady from divergentmedia.com. That software should convert the footage to ProRes QT's just fine.

[Dom Featherstone] " we're running into the unecessary problem of editing the MXF files in Final Cut"

Unless you are saying that you don't want to do that...that you must find a solution for editing MXF native in FCP 7. Not sure there is a current one for that and the latest MXF cameras...due to the discontinued issue.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michelle Kaufer
on Feb 11, 2016 at 2:07:13 am

Shane - do you have any experience with Aiseesoft?
I just purchased it because a friend recommended it but am running into some wonky issues and can't get support.

The first batch of movs worked well - the second I'm not able to open.
I've restarted the system and have started over...
not sure how it's going to go but I thought I'd ask in case you have any working knowledge...
Thanks
Michelle

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 11, 2016 at 2:24:23 am

I don't use it because it's not consistent, and a lot of media converted with it doesn't work properly. I use EditReady from Divergentmedia.com. Always solid.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michelle Kaufer
on Feb 11, 2016 at 2:41:10 am

Why didn't I think of reaching out to you yesterday!?
Oy...ok THANKS

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]