FORUMS: list search recent posts

capturing Canon HV-30 footage into FCP7 on macbook yosemite

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
raju bhai
capturing Canon HV-30 footage into FCP7 on macbook yosemite
on Oct 29, 2015 at 6:33:21 pm

Hi,

First of all, FCP isn't recognizing that my camera is even connected. Second of all, i'm not sure what capture/import/sequence settings to use. Even if i use easy setup, it's still not clear to me what setting is best.

I had setup the HV30 for shooting in 1080i HDV/DV.
However, the footage would not playback at all on the camera itself when i have "Playback STD" set to HDV. it would say "Playback STD locked." it does however playback on the camera OK when set to Auto or DV. I have no idea why this is the case. I wanted to shoot in high def, i don't know now if it did shoot in high def. But in any event, i don't even know how to get this footage onto my macbook. please help!! thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: capturing Canon HV-30 footage into FCP7 on macbook yosemite
on Oct 29, 2015 at 6:41:45 pm

[raju bhai] "the footage would not playback at all on the camera itself when i have "Playback STD" set to HDV. it would say "Playback STD locked.""

Sounds like you didn't shoot HD then...

[raju bhai] "it does however playback on the camera OK when set to Auto or DV. I have no idea why this is the case."

Apparently you shot in DV...standard def.

[raju bhai] "But in any event, i don't even know how to get this footage onto my macbook"

Choose the DV/NTSC Easy Setup. then capture. It'll capture it as DV.

If you shot HD, the camera should play back HD. But it isn't so you might have shot in DV by accident...thus why you can't play it back, nor capture it in HD.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Christopher McDonell
Re: capturing Canon HV-30 footage into FCP7 on macbook yosemite
on Oct 30, 2015 at 8:04:01 pm

Have you done any research on this? Read your manual? Searched this forum?

I have the Canon XHA1. To get FCP to recognize it, I need to connect via FW, then turn the camera on. While the playheads are engaged, load FCP. Works for me every time. If I turn the camera on after FCP is open, it won't read the camera. If I wait till the playheads disengage, it won't read the camera. I don't know squat about the HV-30, but they're both Canons so I'd give this a go.

Here's another link that might help in regards to connecting the camera.

As for whether you shot in SD or HD, shouldn't that be fairly obvious by the resulting format size?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]