FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why can't I open this card to transfer it?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
Why can't I open this card to transfer it?
on Oct 26, 2015 at 5:55:42 pm

I'm trying to open a card in log and transfer. I am told by FCP 7 there is a problem that it can't open this. (For what it's worth, I can't open it in FCP X either).

Any idea what the problem is? I can't figure it out. I am pasting a screen shot of the card with folders open so you can see the pathways.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Why can't I open this card to transfer it?
on Oct 26, 2015 at 6:31:34 pm

try changing .cpi to .mov or .mxf?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 26, 2015 at 8:14:14 pm

Yes...the issue is that you named the CONTENTS folder "March 21 to June 7?" Don't do that. You have to keep the FULL card structure intact...including the names. Meaning when you open the card, copy over EVERYTHING, and don't change ANYTHING. Don't rename a thing. What you do is make a new folder, name THAT folder, and copy things into it.

And never have symbols in the name...so no "?" And no !@#$%^&()-+=

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Noam Osband
on Oct 26, 2015 at 8:16:07 pm

Shane, that is what I did. The "Private" is the card and i copied it completely, putting it in the folder with the date. I'll try changing the endings later today and seeing how it goes.

Why shouldn't one use symbols in titles?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 26, 2015 at 9:25:50 pm

Then the symbol is the issue. Symbols cause the OS not to recognize folders. Why? Sorry, I'm not a code monkey. I just know it doesn't work. Get rid of the ?...and maybe make it say:

March13_June6

Underscores are fine...OS reads those. I try to name card folders with no spaces.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

dwayne jhonson
on Oct 27, 2015 at 6:03:15 am

the card or that particular folder may have been corrupted....i would suggest you to have back-up of all your data if that's possible for you and do not copy write anything to that same space .....after doing all this stuff scan it and try repairing it

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]