FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mimmi Nietula
Exporting issues
on Oct 13, 2015 at 8:19:10 am

I use Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 version on my MacBook Pro. I filmed some footage with Canon 5d Mark3, 1920x1080 25fps (PAL), and after editing if I use any effect, say cross dissolve, it doesn't work when I play back after exporting. On the timeline it works, but I do have some issues when rendering. I need to render small bits, if I try to render the whole thing, about 4minutes of footage, the FCP crushes and gives an error message saying there is a problem with the Perian plug-in...

After exporting, the parts where I applied an effect (cross dissolve) it doesn't show a dissolve, but it freezes the frame for a second and just jumps to the next frame. There is the same problem if I try to make the cross dissolve without effects, just using the rubber band and manually making the fade-out/fade-in on the timeline.

If I export the same thing without any effects, there's no problem.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Exporting issues
on Oct 13, 2015 at 2:04:52 pm

I'm guessing that you didn't convert the video files the camera shoots (H.264) to ProRes before editing them in FCP. Because this is typical behavior when trying to edit H.264 natively in FCP. FCP just doesn't do it. You always have to convert media to Edit Friendly FCP codecs before editing in FCP.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mimmi Nietula
on Oct 15, 2015 at 4:17:00 pm

Thanks, I tried to use the Compressor to convert the files to Apple ProRes, but I can't create clusters. The Qmaster gives me error with the Preferences Pane, and then I found out, that Qmaster 3.5.3 has a conflict with the Maverick, which I have on my macBook... Is there a way to go around this, or do I need to buy another program for converting the material? Is there a way to work on the Compressor without clusters?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 15, 2015 at 4:23:37 pm

Compressor doesn't need clusters in order to work. That's a feature that's a BONUS...utilizing all the processors. Simply click on the dropdown menu that has the CLUSTER name, and choose MY COMPUTER. It's usually the default option anyway.

Although one big issue is that the version of Compressor that came with FCP...Compressor 3.x...doesn't work under Mavericks. I know, I have Mavericks and i tried using it and it just wouldn't do anything. You need to either buy the current version of Compressor from the App store, or use other software to convert. MPEG STREAMCLIP will do this, and it's free.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Mimmi Nietula
on Oct 15, 2015 at 4:32:13 pm

I have the Compressor 3.5.3.... So it doesn't work? Anyway, on the dropdown cluster menu I can't find My Computer, if I try to add my computer's IP address, it says host is down.

I guess I will buy the new version of the Compressor and for now I will use the Mpeg Streamclip. Thank you anyway, I just wish I knew all this before I bought this computer. (Used stuff, I know, next time I'll be smarter).

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 15, 2015 at 4:39:03 pm

Yeah, sorry. FCP 7 was discontinued 4.5 years ago. At that time, the OS that was out was 10.6.8...the last that officially supported it. It did still work fine on 10.7 and 10.8...but 10.9 things started not working, like Motion and Compressor. The further away from the supported OS you get, the more things stop working.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Mimmi Nietula
on Oct 15, 2015 at 4:58:05 pm

So, is there any other issues with working with Final Cut Pro 7 with Mavericks? I have the version Final Cut Pro 7.0.3. Or is the issue just with the old version of Compressor? I haven't seen any other issues, but then again, I haven't been doing much editing on my personal laptop before this. And with P2 material I didn't face any problems, so far.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 15, 2015 at 5:47:32 pm

[Mimmi Nietula] "So, is there any other issues with working with Final Cut Pro 7 with Mavericks? "

Not that I know of. I still use it with 10.9.5. But ONLY FCP...well, and Color. Still use it to online. No issues that I know of.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]