FORUMS: list search recent posts

Upgrade from FCP 5/Intel Mac?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adrian Peek
Upgrade from FCP 5/Intel Mac?
on Oct 13, 2015 at 1:52:59 am

I'm running: OS 10.6.8, Mac Intel Pro 2X3 GHz, 16 GB Ram, 1.33 Ghz, NVIDIA 7300 GT card. I migrated Final Cut Studio from a PPC machine, and Rosetta was supposed to open FCP on the Intel machine. But it did not open any of the FCS apps. I've tried to find a legacy crossgrade update online,and I realize Apple no longer supports this version. Should I purchase Final Cut Studio 2, with FCP6? (but no "student versions", correct?) Or would it be best to buy the rev with FCP7? Please advise asap. Thanks so much. Cheers!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Upgrade from FCP 5/Intel Mac?
on Oct 13, 2015 at 2:37:17 am

Migrating doesn't bring over all the components of Final Cut Studio. So most of the time it doesn't even open. And when it does...it won't work properly. But your issue is that, even with Rosetta, FCP 5.0 will not run on an Intel machine. That's why they released FCP 5.1, which was a free upgrade, you only paid for shipping.

Now, first off you do know that Final Cut Studio...the classic version (ending with FCP 7)...was discontinued 4.5 years ago? So whatever you are getting is already really old. But, knowing that, if you want to stick with FCP classic, then I recommend trying to find a copy of FCP 7...update that to 7.0.3. And I can't imagine paying more than $200 for that old software.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Adrian Peek
Re: Upgrade from FCP 5/Intel Mac?
on Oct 14, 2015 at 2:05:58 am

Thanks, Shane! I know any FCP/Studio I buy will be "legacy"/old. The price info helps too. I would like to get the entire Studio though, with Compressor, etc. I have seen some offers online, so I'll check those out.

You've been a great help, M8!

Cheers!
AP

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]