FORUMS: list search recent posts

Terrible banding

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonthan Oster
Terrible banding
on Oct 6, 2015 at 3:54:49 am

Hey guys. I have a few festival deadlines coming up so I really need to figure this out quick. I have a few scenes in my film where the banding is just terrible. I've attached an image. The strange thing is, when I watch the raw footage before putting it into Final Cut Pro, just as a quicktime file, it's completely fine. There's no banding what so ever. I shot in 4k ProRes 422. When it's in Final Cut Pro, when the playback is set to better quality, there's no banding whatsoever. However, when I set it to better performence, I notice it. I try exporting the film as is (current settings ProRes 422) and it has plenty of banding. I just don't get it. The raw file plays great, plays great in Final Cut Pro under better quality, so you would think that's the way it would export.

Here's the image. This isn't even one of the worst ones. Focus on the neck and the space inbetween the two actors.
THANKS!

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: Terrible banding
on Oct 6, 2015 at 10:40:02 am

"when the playback is set to better quality, there's no banding whatsoever. However, when I set it to better performence..."

are you talking about FCPX?
if so, please post in FCP X techniques
this is the FCP forum.

nick

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
Re: Terrible banding
on Oct 6, 2015 at 3:42:44 pm

Is your timelime set at 8-bit or 10-bit? 10-bil should eliminate the banding.

Not my monkeys. Not my circus.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]