FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timeline suddenly changed and looks completely different

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ariella Furman
Timeline suddenly changed and looks completely different
on Oct 2, 2015 at 12:59:12 am

Hello everyone! I am running 7.0.3 on mac 10.10.3.
My editor created a Reception sequence for a wedding today. I checked it over, everything looked good. I left it open and rendered it while I took a phone call. After the phone call, the timeline looked completely different. Chunks of audio were missing, chunks of video were missing. Some of it looked fine, but other parts the video was there but the audio tracks were missing. I didn't touch it and I didn't leave my desk while it was rendering.

I went to autosave vault and the same thing was happening to all the versions of the reception. I went back a half hour, an hour, and in all of those versions the audio is just PUFF gone in some of the clips. the strange thing is, sometimes the audio PLAYS on the timeline when there is nothing on the audio tracks.. so no actual audio on A1 to A8. It's like playing ghost audio! when I scroll through, I can hear audio.

Also there are sudden chunks of black, 5 minute chunks in between parts. It's almost as if someone went in and messed with the project. However, the autosave projects were all doing the same exact thing.

It's like my clips and audio decided to either play musical chairs or run away from the sequence. Anyone know what could be the issue?

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Timeline suddenly changed and looks completely different
on Oct 2, 2015 at 1:24:28 am

I'll bet you're editing h.264 or another mpeg variant right?

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Ariella Furman
on Oct 2, 2015 at 1:47:40 am

It is Apple Pro Res 422 LT

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Oct 2, 2015 at 2:42:26 am

Humm??? That's very surprising and very unusual Ariella. Unfortunately, it indicates a potentially more complicated fix, unless it's a simple cure that you can achieve by just trashing preferences. Try that first... If it cures your symptoms terrific, if not, we'll have to go deeper.

Meanwhile, which version of the OS are you running?

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Ariella Furman
on Oct 2, 2015 at 4:13:17 am

thank you I will try trashing preferences when I get in the office tomorrow and let you know! Thank you for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]