FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP won't open... likely a network related issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Ring
FCP won't open... likely a network related issue
on Oct 1, 2015 at 1:22:02 am

Looking for troubleshooting help!

I still like to use FCP7, particularly Apple's Soundtrack Pro (part of the FCP7 suite).

When I try to open Soundtrack Pro, I get a message saying that another copy with an identical serial # is already running on my network, and the application quits.
I have nothing open on any of my other devices... nothing else is even turned on, but the other day we switched to a new ISP, and as a result all my IP/DNS/etc info is changed. I'm wondering if, maybe, I had something open when I changed all my network settings, and FCP THINKS that old IP address is another computer that is still running.

Any idea how I can get around this? If I were on Wifi I could just turn off my connection to do my work, then turn it on again... but I'm wired directly into the router and there's no nice way of disabling my network temporarily without doing a power cycle on my modem/router/computer... and that's a less than perfect solution anyway.

Apple no longer supports FCP7, so their tech support is useless. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: FCP won't open... likely a network related issue
on Oct 1, 2015 at 2:05:36 pm

re-install?

maybe Digital Rebelion's FCP remover could help you clean out the old version first
http://www.digitalrebellion.com/fcsremover/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]