infographics on video
on Sep 17, 2015 at 9:39:36 pm

Hello,

Please, help me find the plugin \ tool to create the same video

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: infographics on video
on Sep 17, 2015 at 11:38:50 pm

Not a plugin...that's something you do with Motion or After Effects.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: infographics on video
on Sep 18, 2015 at 2:05:31 pm
Last Edited By Mark Suszko on Sep 18, 2015 at 2:08:55 pm

The key technology used here is motion tracking of each shot. Once you have motion tracking, you can apply that same motion to the floating graphics and they stay "welded" to the shot no matter how the camera moves. That's actually the simplest part of the job since tracker software like slice-x can automate this job. There's a tracker in Apple Motion too, but it may not be as sophisticated.

The second thing going on here is that the wireframe models growing out of the footprint outlines of proposed buildings are very likely 3-d computer models that were built in a separate modeling application and then imported into the composite. Though I wouldn't say it was impossible to create such wireframes directly in Adobe AfterEffects, that requires a lot of skill from a compositor, and so I think it might be easier to do it in a real 3D-animation program like Blender C4D or Maya or Lightwave, etc. You would use the overhead google Maps or aerial photography available to you, along with blueprints or CAD files of the architecture, as a template for building the models, so that you can then render them out in correct scale and perspective for any camera angle. The animated "building up" of the wireframes can be done within the 3d animation application, or thru an uncovering kind of process within the compositor, using animated masking tools.

It is not obvious to me if they started with the 3d CGI part first, or the motion-tracked aerial videos. There are arguments for beginning the process from either end. If you only used static google imagery or aerial stills, then doing the whole thing in the 3d animation app makes the most sense from a standpoint of easy control. If you incorporate motion video from a helicopter or drone, then you base the work on motion-tracking and use the compositing application like AfterEffects to bring in the computer models and align them to scale and perspective. Either way, gospodin, this is not beginner level work.

A long way to say what was already said: not done with just one plug-in. This is a complex project that only "looks" "easy". That's one way to judge if it was good; how easy and "obvious" something looks after you've seen it done. Like good slight-of-hand magic tricks:-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]