FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7: Trimming with mouse: if slightly out of the clip/track, automatic vertical scroll of the timeline knocks you out of sight...!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emilio Santero
FCP7: Trimming with mouse: if slightly out of the clip/track, automatic vertical scroll of the timeline knocks you out of sight...!
on Sep 17, 2015 at 6:10:52 pm

Hello everyone,

I've been searching for this matter for hours and can't find anything.

It's kind of a little thing but it can be really annoying.

Sometimes when working with a lot of video or audio tracks, when performing some not-necessarilly-accurate mouse trim at the beginning or end of a clip, if the mouse movement slides out the track in which the clip is, the timeline automatically scrolls vertically "to China" and I get lost easily. You lose the trace of where you are, where the clip is, how far long/short are you trimming it... I know I should make a precise move with the mouse, but sometimes in the heat of the moment... I also know it can be easier working with larger timeline space or larger clips, but it's not very useful when working with a lot of tracks.

The question is: is there any way to lock or prevent that automatic timeline scroll when trimmimg with mouse?

Thanks from now,
Emilio

Il dolce fare tutti.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]