FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 to Adobe Premier Pro CC Transition Issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mahmoud Salimi
FCP7 to Adobe Premier Pro CC Transition Issue
on Sep 14, 2015 at 11:53:49 pm

I have run in to an issue transitioning from final cut pro to adobe premier pro. I started editing a project in Final Cut Pro 7 long time ago. Recently exported a XML file of it and imported it in Adobe Premier Pro CC. When imported the XML file into Adobe Premier Pro, it asked to relink the media files. I did relink them following each media file's path. Something weird happened. Some of the clips in Adobe Premier timeline are not displaying anything while they are linked. They are black. Some clips are different from the original clips edited in the timeline. some clips start with a different timecode. Not sure what's going on. Any hint is appreciated.

Media Files Format: MXF and MOV
Recording Medium: Panasonic HPX and Canon DSLR Cameras
Hardware: iMac with 16RAM
Software: Final Cut Pro 7 (XML) to Adobe Premier Pro CC

Salimi

Return to posts index

Robert Withers
Re: FCP7 to Adobe Premier Pro CC Transition Issue
on Sep 16, 2015 at 1:41:15 am

I too had issues exporting an FCP7 project to PR CC through XML. At a certain point began to see wildly anomalous and random clips in the imported sequence . . . black, barred, duplicate shots.
This sequence was about 40 minutes long with mostly straight cuts.
The workaround I found was to break the sequence into two parts and import the second half as a separate xml, they marry them in PP CC.
Like many things with PP CC, this may take some experimentation, but try exporting shorter segments.
Best,
Robert

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

Robert Withers
Re: FCP7 to Adobe Premier Pro CC Transition Issue
on Sep 16, 2015 at 1:42:19 am

I too had issues exporting an FCP7 project to PR CC through XML. At a certain point began to see wildly anomalous and random clips in the imported sequence . . . black, barred, duplicate shots.
This sequence was about 40 minutes long with mostly straight cuts.
The workaround I found was to break the sequence into two parts and import the second half as a separate xml, then marry them in PP CC.

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]