FORUMS: list search recent posts

Frame rates in FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Rose
Frame rates in FCP7
on Sep 13, 2015 at 3:11:28 pm

Hi all. Have hit a bit of a wall when it comes to best/most visually effective way to handle two different frame rates in one project. Shot on a Sony AS7, the interviews are all 25fps and the b roll stuff is 50fps so I have a slomo option.If I want some of the 50fps stuff to playback at a "normal" speed so it looks like the 25fps stuff, what's the best way to achieve that please? Also, is the speed tool (cmd-j) the best way of slowing down a 50fps clip to get great slomo? Many thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Frame rates in FCP7
on Sep 13, 2015 at 6:09:39 pm

Use a 25p timeline, if your 25fps footage is 25p. Anything 50p just cut into the timeline will remove every other frame and it will look like 25p.

[John Rose] "Also, is the speed tool (cmd-j) the best way of slowing down a 50fps clip to get great slomo?"

No, for when you drop the 50p clip into the 25fps timeline, it becomes 25fps, so slowing it that way will repeat frames and look odd. No, what you need to do is duplicate the Quicktime file, and use Cinema Tools. Tutorial here:

http://library.creativecow.net/ross_shane/slow-motion_cinema-tools/1

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

John Rose
Re: Frame rates in FCP7
on Sep 14, 2015 at 11:37:46 am

Thanks ever so much Shane - very good of you to respond and impart your wisdom :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]