FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem Compressing AVCHD 6GB File for FTPing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ned Miller
Problem Compressing AVCHD 6GB File for FTPing
on Sep 8, 2015 at 1:28:48 pm

Although I have successfully done this before I am getting an error message: An Unrecoverable Error Occurred While Compressing. This happened when I right clicked on my Mac Book Pro and my 27" iMac. Also happened when trying the trial version of Win Zip.

My goal is to use Dropbox or Hightail to get it to an editor. Any idea as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Ned Miller
Chicago Videographer
http://www.nedmiller.com
www,bizvideo.com

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Problem Compressing AVCHD 6GB File for FTPing
on Sep 8, 2015 at 8:01:35 pm

ZIPPING it with the Mac OS won't get you any space savings...video files won't really compress any more. You might shave a few MB, if that. But it won't go from 6GB to 4GB...or less. It might go to 5.8GB. Video files won't compress the same way document files and project files will. So there's no real point to it. You'll have to post the full size file, or ship it physically on a flash drive.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ned Miller
on Sep 8, 2015 at 8:07:24 pm

Thanks Shane. There must be a way because I know other shooters are doing it. My Dropbox and Hightail accounts will take up to 10GB and I'd like to save on Fed Ex bills. Sometimes the deadlines are critical. I thought compressing would help but you're right, just saves a little.

Best,

Ned

Ned Miller
Chicago Videographer
http://www.nedmiller.com
www,bizvideo.com

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 8, 2015 at 11:32:52 pm

Ask the other shooters then. Hmmm...we use something here to get footage from Canada...Maybe I'll ask my post super...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]