FORUMS: list search recent posts

Don't want to seem as unprofessional with my client. That damm orange line fcp7. Miracle please

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Francisco Saenz
Don't want to seem as unprofessional with my client. That damm orange line fcp7. Miracle please
on Sep 6, 2015 at 7:36:28 am

Fcp7
Mac Os 10.6.4
250 SSD drive 3.2 Ghz Intel Core i3
12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

This is my last fcp7 project , im done with it. I must switch asap to FcpX or Premiere CC.

I just bought a 250 Ssd card for my 2010 Imac.
So I re-installed fcp7.

My sequence and clips are Prores422
My problem is that I cannot run videos fluently because of that damm orange line. I'm trying to to multicam 2 ways. 1 Professional way and one survival/ I do what I can / Guetto way. My clips and scratch come from an external hard drive

1. MULTICAM
These are my settings

Even through low playbacks 3 clips in one multiclip sequence (all in prores) don’t run fluently. And even if I render which takes forever , the moment I make a new cut messes everything up. What can I do , check or change in my settings so I can have peace in my life again?

2. THE GHETTO WAY

Well since I have to do something about this, I decided to put 3 video tracks and make them smaller so I can view the 3 of them and work. But the orange mechanic wants to ruin me so it appears when I make the size of my clip smaller. I think it's normal because I'm changing their normal state but is there a way for me to work with the grey line without having to render. Rendering each sequence takes like 12 hours. Please help me I need to give the product on point I have until Friday . Thanks for your time!

Return to posts index

Dave Farrants
Re: Don't want to seem as unprofessional with my client. That damm orange line fcp7. Miracle please
on Sep 6, 2015 at 3:34:34 pm

1. ?? - that 'orange' line is actually green.

2. Your sequence settings don't match your clips?

3. Have you run a speed test (Blackmagic do a free one) on your media drive?

Web - http://www.foxvideo.co.uk
Blog - http://foxvidpro.blogspot.co.uk/

Return to posts index

Francisco Saenz
Re: Don't want to seem as unprofessional with my client. That damm orange line fcp7. Miracle please
on Sep 6, 2015 at 6:09:38 pm

the line is green , sorry im color blind.

My sequence matches my clips , i just drag and drop the multicam clip to the sequence and the system asks me to match those two. For the blackmagic speed test it takes a OS X 10.6.6 or later i have os x 10.6.4 for now. But still i think my system is slow but before re-installing the OS system multicam did work fine.

Someone told me to convert my files to apleProRes proxy and im gonna see if it works in a while. Do you agree for me to do it the other way making clips size smaller and running 3 tracks at the same time? Any other suggestions?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]