FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why does the image get brighter when the Canvas setting is "Image+Wireframe" than it is when it's just "Image"? (FCP 7)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Bowers
Why does the image get brighter when the Canvas setting is "Image+Wireframe" than it is when it's just "Image"? (FCP 7)
on Sep 2, 2015 at 4:25:38 am

I've since moved onto Premiere, which I feel great about, but I have to finish a project I've been doing in FCP7, and I'm trying to do some picture adjustments (adjusting grain levels, not coloring) so I want to try and go off of the most accurate picture in the Canvas, but I can't tell which setting I should have it on, Image or Image+Wireframe. It's weird that it even matters, I know, but it seems to, because the image is noticeably brighter when it's on the Image+Wireframe setting.

Off of an exported .mov, it seems to be closer to the +Wireframe, but just wanted to pose this question in case anyone can illuminate me. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: Why does the image get brighter when the Canvas setting is "Image+Wireframe" than it is when it's just "Image"? (FCP 7)
on Sep 2, 2015 at 6:22:08 am

sounds like a gamma shift issue.
you might want to do a search for that on the forums

one thing i can suggest is to open QuickTime Player 7,
and in it's references (somewhere) there's a settings for Final Cut ProCompatibility.

that *might* help.

nick

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: Why does the image get brighter when the Canvas setting is "Image+Wireframe" than it is when it's just "Image"? (FCP 7)
on Sep 2, 2015 at 10:37:20 am

another thing to do:
make sure your canvas bg is set to black

there's a drop-down menu at the top of the canvas for that.

nick

Return to posts index

Roger Poole
on Sep 3, 2015 at 12:50:07 am

Well, "image and wireframe" is just a positioning tool and for that purpose it doesn't matter what the image looks like. Having said that, I'm not experiencing what you describe in either FCP6 or 7. If you wish to make adjustments to stills then choose the "Open in Editor" command which will hopefully take you to Photoshop to make your adjustments to images in Tiff or PNG format, and not Jpeg which is the devil in FCP. Also check that your images are no larger than 3000 pixels in any direction.

Having said all that, it matters not what you see on your computer screen, you need external video monitoring to be able to make informed decisions with regard to colour.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]