FORUMS: list search recent posts

Working with Alexa XT Open Gate

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rodrigo Avila
Working with Alexa XT Open Gate
on Aug 22, 2015 at 10:43:40 pm

Hi everyone!

I will be the assistant editor of a movie which they are filming on an Arri Alexa with the Open Gate Spherical Mode, i`ll be working on Final Cut Pro X, which is the best format for the transcodes to work with? Apple Pro Ress 422 Proxies?

And what about the resolution and the online after, there will be any problem with this codec?

The thing is they donĀ“t want to loose any data because is the biggest image mode (Open Gate) and also the footage will be with a LUT on it.

Thank you all for your answers!

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: Working with Alexa XT Open Gate
on Aug 23, 2015 at 2:45:16 am

you might want to re-post this on the FCP X Techniques forum.
this one is specifically for FCP& and under.

from my FCP7 perspective (and never having worked with this new full gate), however, i;d say that the full gate format would be difficult to work with as it's a non-standard frame size (1:1.55 ratio)
maybe X can handle that, FCP would not be too happy,
and it would also mean working with a constant motion effect (and possibly a mask) on everything if you want to see the desired frame.

in FCP7, i'd be looking at making a 16/9 version, and adding a mask if it's to be 2.40.
that give a decent amount of flexibility for re-framing

as for transcode format, that'd be a discussion to have with your editor and facility (or whoever is paying the storage).
i'd say that Proxy sucks. looks noticeably bad.
LT is a very happy medium> Looks good, with low data rate.
it's what i prefer to use for off-line editing, and i do a lot of feature work.

does X offer LT?

nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]