FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 automatic add edit/cut detection?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Seth Thy
FCP7 automatic add edit/cut detection?
on Aug 18, 2015 at 4:36:03 pm

I know this may be silly question, but...
I got new job today and in a few days I'll get 10 x 50 min. TV series to grade in Resolve and I'll be on really tight deadline.
It is edited in FCP7 and I wasn't involved in a project earlier so nobody told editors they should at least put markers on clips with motion, zooms, speed change etc. so I can prepare them for Resolve.
Even thou I'll get FCP projects and XMLs and all the footage, I think the safest way is just to export everything as "Self-contained" QT file and use Resolve Scene detection for cuts.
But sometimes, if you have a lot of moving camera, dissolves etc. Scene detection could be time consuming, cause you still need to re-check every cut.
So I was thinking… is there a way to simulate scene detection in FCP?
Something like this:
You have your sequence with all cuts and all video on Track 1.
You render and export "Self-contained" QT of that sequence, import it back in FCP and superimpose it on Track 2.
Now, manually, you can add edits on you file on Track 2 with shortcuts: next edit/add edit.
But since there about 500 cuts on every 50 min. show, I was wondering is there a simpler or automated way to do this?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP7 automatic add edit/cut detection?
on Aug 18, 2015 at 4:44:08 pm

Sorry, no automated way to do this in FCP. You might put an AE on this task. If not on your end...have them do it. Call it a cost saving measure. Explain to them how long it'll take you, and how much it'll cost at your hourly rate...and they might just do it on their end, to save money

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Seth Thy
on Aug 18, 2015 at 5:22:16 pm

yes, i thought so too, just needed someone to confirm it.
thanks shane.
again :)

Return to posts index

Stojan Stojanovic
on Apr 15, 2016 at 3:19:26 pm

You can try with old application Scene detector Pro. If this makes any sense.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]