FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio problems when importing XML file into FCP 7 (Premiere - FCP incompatibility?)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eren Gulfidan
Audio problems when importing XML file into FCP 7 (Premiere - FCP incompatibility?)
on Aug 17, 2015 at 8:32:58 pm

Hi there,

When I open the XML file I exported from Adobe Premiere into FCP 7, everything transfers fine except the audio that is linked to the video. I have two audio channels, one exterior recorded with a zoom mic, and the other - a lav, which is connected to the camera. The zoom audio sounds fine except that it is out of sync. But the lav is not even audible. All I get is this loud hissing sound like a broken TV or a radio static. It's so bizarre! I should also note that some of the clips I have are multicam clips. But even regular one track interview videos have that corrupt audio. I've been searching the internet for days to resolve this issue, but haven't found a solution yet. Please let me know if you think you can help. Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Audio problems when importing XML file into FCP 7 (Premiere - FCP incompatibility?)
on Aug 17, 2015 at 11:00:09 pm

Unlike PP, which seems to be comfy with just about every codec on the planet, FCP has stricter codec requirements.

What kind of footage is this?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Eren Gulfidan
Re: Audio problems when importing XML file into FCP 7 (Premiere - FCP incompatibility?)
on Aug 17, 2015 at 11:04:08 pm

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your response. The footage was shot on several different cameras, but then all of it was converted to Apple ProRes 422. The audio was recoded on a zoom H4n as well as onto a set of lavs which were connected to Red camera. Does this info help?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 18, 2015 at 12:04:29 am

Just wanted to eliminate the footage as the root of the problem.

Since I've worked with XMLs a grand total of four times, you'll want to hear from someone else.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]