FORUMS: list search recent posts

why do the clips on one card of my rushes load into the timeline in reverse order?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sheila Hayman
why do the clips on one card of my rushes load into the timeline in reverse order?
on Aug 3, 2015 at 12:49:28 pm

Hello All,

I'm setting up an edit in FCP7 - rather slow but okay so far- except that with one card, when I loaded the rushes folder onto the timeline, they appeared in reverse order. I tried reloading and the same thing happened. The others seem fine. Can anybody explain this mystery please?

XS

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: why do the clips on one card of my rushes load into the timeline in reverse order?
on Aug 3, 2015 at 5:09:31 pm

Did you mistakenly change the sorting order for that bin?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: why do the clips on one card of my rushes load into the timeline in reverse order?
on Aug 4, 2015 at 12:23:02 am

check how they are sorting in the browser.
could be they are in the wrong order there.
a simple click on the column header can do (and un-do) that.

nick

Return to posts index

Sheila Hayman
on Aug 4, 2015 at 8:14:45 am

Thank you - I will try to find the relevant menu or button but why that should even be an option is beyond me...

XS

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 4, 2015 at 5:04:17 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Aug 4, 2015 at 5:10:21 pm

"Ooohh, so you remember that great shot we got just as we were wrapping for the day?"

"Oh, yeah, it was the very last thing we got! We need to use that shot. How do we get to it fast?"

In such instances, sorting by beginning time code is quite valuable.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Sheila Hayman
on Aug 5, 2015 at 9:06:39 am

Thanks Dave - the image of working at that speed is boggling to me in my current state but I am sure that many of the editors I've worked with over the past 35 years would have used it!

XS

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 5, 2015 at 4:48:18 pm

I'm glad you have the luxury of taking your time. It seems like few do these days.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Sheila Hayman
on Aug 6, 2015 at 8:38:47 am

Only because I've taken a fixed-price job with no deadline in order to teach myself to edit better. You can have time if you don't mind having no money. When I started directing documentaries, I'd go out with a camera operator and assistant, sound operator and often assistant, PA and myself. These days, it seems to be a choice of doing it myself or not doing it. I don't want to stop!

XS

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]