FORUMS: list search recent posts

Double image and horizontal lines in HD

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Maloney
Double image and horizontal lines in HD
on Aug 1, 2015 at 9:27:05 pm

I have been searching everywhere for answers, but can't find what I am looking for so I apologize in advance if this seems like a beginner mistake. Whenever I try to export my footage in HD, I get a double image look and these very annoying horizontal black bars that I simply can't get rid of. YES, I know that some people are saying that you have to view it on something other than your monitor, but I'm trying to use optical flow to slow down some footage and would like to be able to see what it is actually going to look like.

Specs:
Canon XH-A1
1080i60, MiniHDV tapes
FCP7
Imported at 59.97fps, 1080i60, 1440x1080
Exported in every imaginable configuration I can think of: QuickTime, QuickTime Conversion, H.264, HDV 1080i60, HDV 720p, MPEG-4, 29.97fps, 59.94fps, deinterlaced, interlaced, multi-pass, single-pass, everything.
New to compressor but I've been trying to mess around with that as well

Nothing up to this point works and I'm pretty frustrated. I've been editing for awhile now, but do not understand all of the technicalities when it comes to FCP since there a trillion+ features and I mainly film as a hobby, therefore I could be making a rookie mistake. ANY help at this point would be greatly appreciated

Here's a screenshot: http://imgur.com/tnwgXll

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: Double image and horizontal lines in HD
on Aug 1, 2015 at 11:36:25 pm

that looks like a field issue.

how are you hoping to present you piece?
if it;s on a tv, then you might be alright, although you really need to monitor as such, WHILE YOU WORK,
as you pointed out yourself.

if it;s for the web or computer screen, then you will need to de-interlace.
so do a simple quicktime export of your film using the default "current settings"
bring it back in,
p[ut it in a new timeline,
and apply a interlace filter. NATTRESS Smart de-interlace is the best.

alternatively run your export through compressor, and use the de-interlace feature in he frame controls pane.

nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]