FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need a Graphics card suggestion

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kip Cole
Need a Graphics card suggestion
on Jul 29, 2015 at 2:19:22 pm

I'm running a 2010 Mac Pro 5,1 8-core 2.4 ghz system. Currently OS 10.6.8 Mountain Lion.

I'm planning on upgrading my system with SSD drive, Mavericks or Yosemite, USB 3.0, etc.

I need suggestions for a graphics card that will meet my future editing needs. I'm currently editing on FCP7 and plan to for a while, but figure to eventually go to either FCP X or Adobe. Right now I don't do any 4k editing, but would like to plan for that possibility.

Is there a graphics card out there that would accommodate all these contingencies? FCP7, FCP X, Adobe Premiere, 4k editing?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Kip Cole
Owner - Pale Moon Media
Memphis, TN

Return to posts index

Roger Poole
Re: Need a Graphics card suggestion
on Jul 29, 2015 at 10:59:27 pm
Last Edited By Roger Poole on Jul 29, 2015 at 11:32:05 pm

If you have deep pockets then the Nvidia Quadro K5000 Mac edition might fit the bill. Considering the price and the cost of your other upgrades it might make more sense to buy a new Mac Pro if you are looking at future proofing.

If however you are planning on using FCP7 for some time to come then stay as you are and work with what you have, because FCP7 can't take advantage of new hardware due to it being a 32 bit application which can only use 4 gig of available ram.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]