Relinking XML from another source

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcus Ellingham
Relinking XML from another source
on Jul 11, 2015 at 11:25:07 am

Hi there,

Having a few strange issues with FCP7 at the moment -

I have an AAF that was exported from Avid (project is 23.98 fps and contains a whole bunch of speed ramps - incidentally I also have a frame cut version). I've pulled this AAF into DaVinci resolve and relinked it there where it is displaying perfectly. I've then output this as an XML to open in FCP7 - and here is where the problems start.

It seems when I A/B the offline there are a significant number of shots that are completely off - it's the same take, but the wrong bit of the take... there doesn't seem to be any reason for this. I've also exported out to a fcpxml and opened in FCPX and it's perfect there too (I need to cut in FCP7 though as it's part of a larger project which is all in there)...

Does anyone have any ideas why this could be?!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Relinking XML from another source
on Jul 11, 2015 at 11:59:21 pm

With legacy software that has not been developed now for nearly 5 years it is unsurprising that speed ramp shots won't round trip from AVID, even via Resolve.

I have had success outputting Resolve back into FCP7 but I render and replace any shots with issues like reframing, speed changes or optical flow.The Resolve xml is sort of there for Premiere so as developments continue with all NLEs and tools like Resolve, it is to be expected that things will break with older legacy software.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]