FORUMS: list search recent posts

Spinning Pinwheel Every Time I Switch Applications Back to FCP7?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Metzger
Spinning Pinwheel Every Time I Switch Applications Back to FCP7?
on Jul 9, 2015 at 6:46:42 pm
Last Edited By Stephen Metzger on Jul 9, 2015 at 6:47:28 pm

I'm editing a project on FCP7, and every time I switch back to FCP from any other application, I get a stopwatch for a few seconds and then a spinning pinwheel for about 10 seconds.

Does anyone know why this would be happening and if there's something I can do about it?

I'm on an early 2013 MacBook Pro running OS X Yosemite and editing with a USB 3.0 drive using mainly DVCPRO HD footage (lots of it.). Never had this problem with other projects.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Spinning Pinwheel Every Time I Switch Applications Back to FCP7?
on Jul 9, 2015 at 7:12:46 pm

[Stephen Metzger] "I'm on an early 2013 MacBook Pro running OS X Yosemite"

That's why. FCP 7 isn't supported under Yosemite. Full support for FCP 7 stopped at 10.8...actually, I think before that. 10.7 was in play when FCP 7 was discontinued, and no longer supported by Apple. OS 10.8 worked fine...but really, from that point on they didn't take FCP 7 compatibility into consideration when making later OS versions.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
Re: Spinning Pinwheel Every Time I Switch Applications Back to FCP7?
on Jul 9, 2015 at 8:16:26 pm

You might check your Power preferences and make sure that your external drive isn't spinning down or going to sleep while you are using a different application. It sounds like FCP might be waiting for the drive to spin back up before it responds.

Not my monkeys. Not my circus.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]