FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Popping Sound in YouTube Share

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Kozick
Audio Popping Sound in YouTube Share
on Jul 7, 2015 at 6:48:52 pm

I've created a music video in Final Cut Pro X 10.2.1. The audio is compressed in Final Cut. When I play it back in Final Cut it sounds great. There is no clipping and no popping.

However, when I share/export the video to YouTube and play it back from YouTube, I get popping sounds coming from part of the soundtrack that are not heard at all when I play it back in Final Cut. I tried another version of the sound file with lower audio levels and the popping is still there on YouTube

I've looked online for some solutions and some suggested that there is a problem using AAC or mp4 audio and that the solution is to use mp3 audio instead - that would solve the problem.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue? The prospect of using mp3 audio doesn't sound right for some reason.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Audio Popping Sound in YouTube Share
on Jul 8, 2015 at 12:24:30 am

Wrong forum but as a general rule always use PCM wav or aif files in the edit program. Youtube will apply audio codec compression. Never start with a compressed codec for your master.

In case there is something FCPX specific
https://forums.creativecow.net/fcpxtechnique

Return to posts index

James Kozick
Re: Audio Popping Sound in YouTube Share
on Jul 9, 2015 at 12:27:43 am

I posted the problem to the link site you suggested. But, through trouble shooting I found the culprit.

When I used the FCPX Compressor in the audio processing of the file for YouTube, the problem appeared. Although it only began about 30 second in and only lasted about 20 seconds.

But, when I took the Compressor out of the loop, the problem disappeared. By the way, all along I was using either WAV or AIF files.

Interesting anomaly. But, you cued me to look in this direction when you suggested above "Never start with a compressed codec for your master." You were right. Thanks for the tip.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]