FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with exporting XML from FCP7 for DA VINCI RESOLVE (BLACKMAGIC DNG FILES)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karlo Gorup
Problem with exporting XML from FCP7 for DA VINCI RESOLVE (BLACKMAGIC DNG FILES)
on Jul 7, 2015 at 2:31:06 pm

Hi!

Recently I started working on a project shot with Blackmagic camera, which shoots in RAW DNG files. For the first time, I had an assistant who converted the material to ProRes422 using DaVinci Resolve. (None of us two worked with this type of material before...) When I was finished with the editing, I exported XML from the sequence and sent it to the guy who is doing the Color Correction, but he can not import this XML properly. The problem is that the sequence does not show the original file names, but the clip names that I renamed and used in FC while editing. Does anyone knows what the solution might be?

Return to posts index

Karlo Gorup
Re: Problem with exporting XML from FCP7 for DA VINCI RESOLVE (BLACKMAGIC DNG FILES)
on Jul 7, 2015 at 7:38:57 pm

I've solved my own problem...

I've copied the sequence with the final edit into a new FCP project and I dragged and dropped the sequence into a bin, placing there all the clips I used for editing. Then I selected all the clips and chose Modify - Rename - Clip to match File, and after that exported XML.
So if anyone finds himself/herself in a similar situation, this is how you might solve it.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Problem with exporting XML from FCP7 for DA VINCI RESOLVE (BLACKMAGIC DNG FILES)
on Jul 8, 2015 at 12:22:15 am

Thanks Karlo. Golden rule of offline/online workflow is to maintain file name, reel numbers and timecode. There are enough other variables in the xml/AAF world but never change those basics.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]