FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is this FCP7 issue or Vimeo issue (Absurd color drop midway though clip playback)?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hugh Phelan
Is this FCP7 issue or Vimeo issue (Absurd color drop midway though clip playback)?
on Jul 7, 2015 at 12:49:21 pm

Hi folks,

I've had this issue before and looked for resolution here but no luck but here I have it again with different footage and I mean there must be a solution...YES I've trawled creative cow and other forums and faqs looking for answers but found nothing)

I've been having a recurrent problem with sudden colour drop/darkening issues with my uploads to vimeo. It's happened on my last two uploads (exported from FCP7 as H.264 and following all of the guidelines on the vimeo upload advice page etc)

I've followed all of the compression export recommendations exactly as advised but still this issue persists; I wouldn't mind if it was just a case of clips appearing darker or lighter when uploaded but this is a case of clips starting with one look and then dropping/darkening colour mid-way through the playing of that particular clip.

I could probably get away with this happening once or twice but as you'll see in the video itself its actually happening several times and looks terrible.
https://vimeo.com/132806384 (times issue occurs at listed below)

Finally there is also some issue with pixellation at 02:43 - 02:44 which is a first and looks equally bad.

Playback of H.264 file is fine on my system it's only on upload that this occurs. I need to re-upload anyway as the audio is a little low but I'd really like to not only sort this issue for this video but prevent it from occurring in future uploads.

If any of you have any experience of this issue and could point me in a direction that would help me solve it i'd be massively grateful. If you need any further information from me just let me know and I'll pop it on here.

Thanks and best.

01:07 -01:09
01:14 (split second darkening and lightening)
02:03
02:09
02:23 -02:24
02:32 -02:33
02:35 -02:36
02:43 -02:44 Pixellation

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Is this FCP7 issue or Vimeo issue (Absurd color drop midway though clip playback)?
on Jul 7, 2015 at 6:46:55 pm

[Hugh Phelan] "
Playback of H.264 file is fine on my system it's only on upload that this occurs."

That right there answers it. If it's fine for you, but once it goes to Vimeo and re-encoded (they always do that, even if you encode with their settings...I hear that Vimeo still encodes it), and THAT'S where the issue pops up...it's on them. If it's fine on your computer, but not once it goes out your door...then the issue is with them.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Hugh Phelan
Re: Is this FCP7 issue or Vimeo issue (Absurd color drop midway though clip playback)?
on Jul 10, 2015 at 1:44:58 am

Thanks for your reply Shane. I've been in touch with someone at Vimeo and she mentioned she couldn't see the issues at the points I'd listed so I went around to a local internet cafe to check on their PC's with Mozilla and Chrome and it played fine there so it seems the problem is a playback one with my os and browser (I'm on a 2007 macbook with 2013 Safari...which for some reason won't update)but certainly on the pc's I checked it was fine. Hopefully it's only my mac with the playback issue and not something that would appear on other macs.

I've uploaded again anyway as I had to boost the audio a little so I'll check the replacement upload in the internet cafe tomorrow but i think ( I hope) it's all good for now!

Thanks again for your reply,
Best,
H.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]