FORUMS: list search recent posts

I use MPEG Streamclip to convert videos to Pro Res. Can I do a batch of films with different frame rates and have the program automatically detect their sizes?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
I use MPEG Streamclip to convert videos to Pro Res. Can I do a batch of films with different frame rates and have the program automatically detect their sizes?
on Jul 6, 2015 at 8:44:00 pm

I often use MPEG Streamclip to convert clips to ProRes. The clips are often not the same dimensions. Is there any waqy to do a batch and have MPEG automatically detect each individual clip's dimensions and export accordingly?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: MPEG Streamclip to convert videos to Pro Res
on Jul 7, 2015 at 12:00:22 am
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jul 7, 2015 at 12:01:06 am

Sorry, but I don't know of any transcoding application that can batch-process ANY movie you give it in the original H&V resolution & frame rate, but in a specified media container & codec.

Who knows, maybe I'll learn differently.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Matthew Press
Re: I use MPEG Streamclip to convert videos to Pro Res. Can I do a batch of films with different frame rates and have the program automatically detect their sizes?
on Jul 7, 2015 at 9:25:46 pm

I use Streamclip often and have no problem with Batches of different size files encoding to Prores and keeping the original frame rate and aspect ratio. Just don't change anything when prompt to choose what type files your creating. Just choose Prores.

Matt Press
Machine Room Operator / Digital Assets Engineer

Return to posts index

Noam Osband
Re: I use MPEG Streamclip to convert videos to Pro Res. Can I do a batch of films with different frame rates and have the program automatically detect their sizes?
on Jul 10, 2015 at 3:02:01 pm

Matt,

So I can do a batch and just not change the value in the frame size section and everything will be exported in its original size?

thanks,
noam

Return to posts index

Matthew Press
on Jul 10, 2015 at 3:57:37 pm

Yup

Matt Press
Machine Room Operator / Digital Assets Engineer

Return to posts index

Noam Osband
on Jul 10, 2015 at 3:57:56 pm

Wow. Mind blown. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]