FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can I move secondary audio clips around vertically without changing their timing?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
How can I move secondary audio clips around vertically without changing their timing?
on Jun 24, 2015 at 2:35:23 pm

I have some secondary audio laid down, like room tone and crowd noise. I sometimes want to move clips vertically, close to the primary storyline, so I can better see how to adjust them in relation to what's on screen. Is there a way, a button I can hold like there was in FCP 7, so that when I move it vertically, the timing of the audio element doesn't shift at all? I've been looking into this online for the last 15 minutes and can't find anything.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: How can I move secondary audio clips around vertically without changing their timing?
on Jun 24, 2015 at 4:26:20 pm

Option + Arrow up moves a clip one trk up

BTW, Adobe does the same since CS6

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: How can I move secondary audio clips around vertically without changing their timing?
on Jun 25, 2015 at 5:13:19 am

this is the FCP classic forum,
not FCPX

i'm not sure if david's answr is apropriate or not.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jun 25, 2015 at 5:25:01 am

Nick is correct

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Noam Osband
on Jun 25, 2015 at 5:20:14 pm

Good call. I posted this to the wrong forum! I'll repost in the FCP X one...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]