FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting OMF from FCP7 using Automatic Duck - ERROR - Unable to create OMF!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michelle Kaufer
Exporting OMF from FCP7 using Automatic Duck - ERROR - Unable to create OMF!
on Jun 16, 2015 at 9:05:51 pm

Hi gang - I'm a SUPER novice here but have no choice but to do this on my own - I'm hoping you can HELP!

I'm trying to export OMF from fcp7 using automatic duck and I keep getting this error

Unable to create OMF/AAF file.
Please validate permissions or
remove file with same name

- I have no idea what file it is referring to - or how to handle permissions...have you seen this before? thanks!!

Michelle

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Exporting OMF from FCP7 using Automatic Duck - ERROR - Unable to create OMF!
on Jun 16, 2015 at 10:16:55 pm

You can export OMF directly from FCP without using Automatic Duck. You would only use AD if trying to make an AAF but OMF will work native from FCP7 in all DAWs.

Return to posts index

Michelle Kaufer
Re: Exporting OMF from FCP7 using Automatic Duck - ERROR - Unable to create OMF!
on Jun 16, 2015 at 10:37:26 pm

Yes but there's a 2 gig file size limit.
There's no way we can make this work with that limitation
This is SO PROBLEMATIC! If anyone is an expert level at doing this and is willing to get on a call I would be SO grateful.
I found that removing disabled audio clips took care of the first error message.
Now I'm getting a new error that FCP cannot create the XML file.
I'm about to trash preferences. Reboot. And start again.
I welcome any ideas. Help. Coffee. Ha ha.

Return to posts index

Warren Eig
on Jun 17, 2015 at 3:25:51 pm

OMF has a two gig limit. Break up the timeline into 20 minute reels and export. That's how it has always been done. Once in ProTools or however it will be mixed, the timelines can be combined into one or you can mix in reels.

Warren Eig
O 310-470-0905

email: warren@babyboompictures.com

REEL: http://www.babyboompictures.com/BabyBoomPictures/Reels.html

For Camera Accessories - Monitors and Batteries

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jun 18, 2015 at 6:38:17 am

Also are you setting handles? otherwise the OMF will be huge. Ask your audio post people how they want it. What length handles and if they want it split into sections or export as groups of tracks like 1-4, 5-8, 9-16 etc. Very easy to do as you just turn the other tracks off in the timeline when exporting.

Return to posts index

Michelle Kaufer
on Jun 19, 2015 at 5:40:27 pm

I want to thank you all so much for your responses! I ultimately ended up downloading Automatic Duck - worked like a charm :)
I am so grateful for your help!
-Michelle

Return to posts index

Michelle Kaufer
on Jun 28, 2015 at 7:05:27 pm

Michael
Do you happen to know if I export an AAF using automatic duck will it ignore my disabled clips?
The export seems to be going with no problems, I just want to be sure that the disabled clips are not being included in the AAF.
Thanks
Michelle

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]