FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiclip sync issues when multiclipping by timecode in FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sascha Craven
Multiclip sync issues when multiclipping by timecode in FCP7
on Jun 16, 2015 at 1:28:06 am

Hey guys,

I searched around a fair amount and couldn't find anything that dealt with this, so posting here to see if anyone can help:

I'm editing a two-camera shoot with synced timecode, with the audio timecode also syncing. However, when I try to merge one of the clips and the mic audio and then multiclip that with the other camera, the sync of the resulting multiclip is off. Has anyone encountered this?

Ideally, I'd like to know how/if it's possible to add the mic audio to pre-existing multiclips of the two camera angles that currently just have camera sound.
I've tried merging the mic audio and one camera angle and then adding that to the multiclip, so there would be two versions of one angle in the multiclip - one with mic sound and one with camera sound - but when I do this, the two identical clips re-sync to each other, destroying sync with the other clip, if this makes sense.
However, if that's impossible and you have an idea for how to make multiclips using timecode sync going forward, that would be helpful too. I've found that everything works fine when I do every step using in points instead of timecode, but it's a real hassle.

Other factors:
When I multiclip using timecode using just the two camera angles and in-camera audio, they sync fine.
When I merge either video track and the mic track using timecode, they sync fine.
If I make a multiclip where the audio is a third "video angle" they all sync up but then if I try to make any cuts to the multiclip in the timeline, all video after the point of the cut disappears.

So, that's where I am. Any ideas? Let me know if there's anything I should clarify.

Thanks very much!

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: Multiclip sync issues when multiclipping by timecode in FCP7
on Jun 17, 2015 at 10:05:00 am

I highly suspect your audio is BWF, and FCP has a very bad track record in sync and BWF.
(Google on it.)

Try exporting your sound as a QT audio only from QT pro, and import that.
Set the TC (Either with qt change or inside FCP) to what it should be, and try again.

hth,

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]