FORUMS: list search recent posts

Working remotely with a client on FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Pilawski
Working remotely with a client on FCP
on Jun 1, 2015 at 8:01:28 pm

Hello! I am trying to figure out (for a video editor I'm working with) how to video edit in real-time "in front of" a client in another city via their computer. The previous attempt was through Skype which was described as being "choppy". It was noted that there was a drop in fps (to 15). I found some articles online, but they are all from 2005 or 2009 that mentioned the now-defunct iChat. Does anyone know what the best solution is for 2015?

Thanks for any and all help.

Richard

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Working remotely with a client on FCP
on Jun 1, 2015 at 8:45:59 pm

There is none. Not for FCP 7. Adobe touts ADOBE ANYWERE, but that's enterprise level collaboration (meaning hundreds of thousands of dollars). Avid has Avid EVERYWHERE...but again, enterprise level.

They either have to deal with the lower fps, or you send QTs of the cuts for review and notes.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jun 1, 2015 at 9:20:42 pm

There is some other app a COW member/ developer was touting as an interactive sharing platform for files between client and editor, but I don't remember the name of it just now, and I don't think it would work right off the editing timeline... but it MIGHT.I can't think of the name,but TIM would probably recognize what I mean.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jun 2, 2015 at 2:32:17 am

Mark,

I think you are referring to a product Marco Solario developed and sold a few years back. I'm pretty sure that product has been abandoned, but I could be wrong.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Gabe Thrasher
on Jun 1, 2015 at 9:03:01 pm

Although not "real time" http://wipster.io/ is a pretty cool solution when editing remotely for a client.

Return to posts index

Richard Pilawski
on Jun 2, 2015 at 7:45:18 pm

thank you everyone for their input!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]