FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor for color correction and contrast?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Rosenfeld
Compressor for color correction and contrast?
on Jun 1, 2015 at 7:56:05 am

Hi, since I can't get my FCP 7 to apply color correction or brightness, I wonder if I should just take the exported MOV file from there and do it in Compressor. Or is there a better program to do it in? I suppose even iphoto can do it.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Compressor for color correction and contrast?
on Jun 1, 2015 at 1:48:00 pm

Can you give details on the problem? Are you highlighting a clip to select it, then applying the 3-way cc, and not getting a change?

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jun 1, 2015 at 5:59:42 pm

I agree with Mark, before discussing alternatives, why the heck are you unable to color correct in FCP? Is it "pilot error" on your part, or is there a technical issue?

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Eric Rosenfeld
on Jun 1, 2015 at 8:03:51 pm
Last Edited By Eric Rosenfeld on Jun 1, 2015 at 8:04:29 pm

I was able to get the filters loaded into the clips by dragging them into the regions, or by dragging them into the viewer pane, but anything I did with the sliders didn't show up as visual changes to the image in the canvas. I made sure that "play base layer only" was unchecked and that "filters" was checked in "render controls" in the user settings, but it didn't help. I even tried moving the sliders around in color correction and exporting the project to see if color changes would show up in export if not in playback, but they didn't.

But finally I tried something last night that DID work: I exported the whole movie and then re-imported it into a new FCP project, and in that new project, lo and behold, I was able to add video filters and make them appear and stick. The only thing I can possibly pin it to is that this new project had RT set to "safe RT" instead of "unlimited RT".

Could "Unlimited RT" have been preventing video filters from applying?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 1, 2015 at 8:07:20 pm

No, but H.264 footage from a DSLR could......

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]