FORUMS: list search recent posts

WAVS slipping out of sync when imported to FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ceri Allen
WAVS slipping out of sync when imported to FCP
on May 29, 2015 at 3:50:51 pm

Hi

I am working in FCP 7.0.3 on a timeline apple pro res 422 (HQ) 1920x1080, 25fps, 48 kHz 24-bit.

I created audio wavs from this timeline via the export as quicktime conversion option (kept the default settings.)

When I drop the wavs back into FCP and lay them on the same timeline, they drift out of sync.
I understand that FCP defaults to NTSC presets but I have my sequence preset set to apple pro res 422 1920x1080 25p 48KHz.

Also when I check the spec of the wavs in quicktime they are 48KHz and 24-bit so they match up with the timeline settings I am dropping them onto.

I would like to discover if there is a problem with the wavs themselves or if the problem is with how FCP is re-importing them (as it went to broadcasters so I need to know if the wavs themselves need fixing) . Any help on this would be great.

thanks

Ceri

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: WAVS slipping out of sync when imported to FCP
on May 29, 2015 at 4:52:23 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on May 29, 2015 at 10:15:31 pm

Do aiff audio files behave any differently?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: WAVS slipping out of sync when imported to FCP
on May 31, 2015 at 9:12:23 am

As reported here hundreds of times in the past six years FCP Easy Setup must match the sequence frame rate before importing a wav file or it will be stamped with the wrong frame rate and so will drift.

So change your easy setuo to 25 fps, and then reimport the wavs (after renaming them on another computer). Otherwise FCP remembers the file name and stamps the wrong frame rate again.

Searching these forums before posting will often answer such repeating questions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]